My dream for Kenny Ray

"make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Family or money

What is the true cost of having a job? It takes me 50 dollars a week in fuel to travel back and forth to work. Maintenance on the vehicle and insurance,it always seems to need something at an inconvenient time . Clothes have to be purchased and cleaned , dinner purchased if you do not pack your dinner, unless you eat Mcdonalds dollar menu it cost about 6 or 7 dollars a day. You get the ideal , and i am sure some people can have more expense than me. Then on payday you get your check stub and look at the everything the government takes. Tari and used to live on less money when we got married than what the government takes now. But the worst of it is I am gone 10 and half hours a day from my family. Time that could be used more effective with helping with home schooling my son , work on the farm to produce more of our needs there by reducing our money needs. By my calculations it cost me about $350.00 a month just to have a job away from my family. And an average of 210 hrs a month . i have about 3 hours a night with
my family thru the week . No amount of money is worth the time that i can never back .

No comments: