My dream for Kenny Ray

"make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Look up a dear friend

I got in late last night went down to farm to get the mail and check on things. Kenny Ray came home thru Hillsboro instead of our regular way home. I wanted to stop and see an Paulette, she is my second mother. Growing up i spent as much time at her house as did at home. Her son was one of my best friends that i have ever had. Its sad how people drift apart thru the years , we all get to busy in our lives sometimes and forget what is truly important in our lives, family and friends.
Have you ever seen the movie" Stand by me"? About the three boys well that
was Her son Little Ronnie , me and another boy Big Ronnie . The three of us were thick as thieves
when we were young, and just like the movie we slowly drifted apart. I could write a novel on our childhood, as we were latch key kids way back then. I think it is sad that today's kids do not play
outside and have adventures as we did they are truly missing life. Kenny Ray and his buddies love to hear me tell those stories they do not always believe me but they are true.
I left the house this morning about 7 am , me and ole Jack I let Kenny Ray
sleep in as he seems to be coming down with a cold. It was a balmy 12 degrees as i got ole Jack
in the truck , he his always so excited when he jumps into the front seat because he knows we are going hunting. Today's hunting was not as good as last Saturday i only has one race this morning compared to 4 last week , but i did kill Jacks first rabbit that he has managed to bring in complete circle. I thank God for another beautiful day

No comments: