My dream for Kenny Ray

"make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

If you have faith, live on this earth is not a hardship but a pastime

I have been at struggle with myself for the last few months with my relationship with God. i have always believed in God, to me my church has always been the woods , streams , i have not seen a church yet the could match the beauty of the woods in October. i have always helped my neighbors and family . and i think a good father and husband, to live and let live. i have always wanted to live a more simple life.and i was talking with my mother last night and she said something to me that struck a nerve that my desire to live more simply was truly a desire to get more in touch with God. That he was working on me.Little did she know but i had read a blog called the Christian Farm and Ranchman earlier in the day. a essay titled Faith Hope and Love , it was very similar
to my discussion with my mother, then tonight i was reading and came upon this phrase
If a man has faith he will live, with equal faith everywhere, if he has no faith he will continue to live the like the rest of the world he is joined to. my sister tells me that God is speaking to my heart and that i need to listen.I always thought that religion would come like a bolt of lightening, but it appears he is talking to me with words and a desire to push away materialism.

No comments: