My dream for Kenny Ray

"make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Jan. 9 Life the way I see it

I have been working toward a simple life for last couple of years. As i have come to realize that money and things do not make one happy. Because i have been there as you began to accumulate
posses ions there is never and end as there is always something that comes out new and improved
and a must have. Not only does this modern day industrialism consumerism take your money
but it steals something more valuable, it takes your time . And that is something you never get back. Our children do not need their love bought for them all the really need is your time ,whether
you ride bikes or color.play pass , have a tea party. these things a child will remember and the memory will last a lot longer than a video game or a hundred dollar pair of sneakers . I think back about my childhood i do not remember toys , i remember events with family and friends. Kenny Ray ask me all the time to tell him stories about the old days . but i have found that time is harder to give sometimes but is much more rewarding. industrialism/consumerism in my opinion has destroyed many a family as it has caused both parents to work and taken them out
of their roles in the family. it has made the man and wife ,taxi drivers that shuttle their kids around dinner and sexual partners only and at the first bump in the road they lawyer up and divorce. they become selfish and think of them selves instead of whats best for the family.I know as my own family moved from Kentucky as a child from the farm to Dayton and the industrial
world i have watched as my father and mothers family have grown apart once they moved to a 40 hour work week. and away from an agriculture self supporting farm .so begins my plan to move my family back to the farm and a self supportive life so that i may finnish watching Kenny Ray and his children grow up in a way that i believe is a less hectic and a more loving life.



No comments: