My dream for Kenny Ray

"make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spring time - farm checklist of chores

I have been making plans for the garden and work for the farm as i continue to makes plans for my full time move there. I will be placing the order for the apple trees this week from fedco trees, they offer a lot of old time standards order one of each Fireside, ducthess of Oldenburg and Black oxford . we currently have two old apple trees i do not know the name but they are late fall apple and very good. last winter we lost the best tree it up rooted during a storm but we did get a shoot up from the roots i do not know how well it grow but we are going to give it chance. As for the garden 1/2 runners and greasy grit , blue lake and Kentucky wonder beans. onions ,lettuce, tomatoes, peppers bell and hot ,sweet corn , beets, squash ,carrots, potatoes. I will get with my mother and place a order for the seed we need as we try and save seed every year from the surplus. some before the end of the month i will place the order for some meat chickens for the first of April my goal is to raise 250 this year for all my family and possible some to sell at a farmers market. i also plan to check on my honey bees this week to see how they are coming along as well as place my order for some more bees . Kenny ray and i need to take a weekend soon and finish the fence for the cow that i hope to purchase this spring to feed out for the freezer.We also need the finish cleaning up some ground for his house that we are going to build .

No comments: